Friday 26 August 2011

a stitch in thyme save nein...

I love Julie Jackson's Subversive Cross Stitch.

I've completed a couple of the designs from the book my self.



Classsics such as Rat Bastard & Homo Sweet Homo.


They've turned out really well and I enjoy stitching the sarky little comments but not all of them are that brilliant so I began searching around for new ideas so I could design my own.




Nothing could have prepared what what I was to find...






Julie Jackson's, Subversive Cross Stitch, NOW AVAILABLE IN DUTCH!



A lot of the messages are lost in translation but what we are left with is so, so much better.




Here is a list of the English to Dutch translations for your enjoyment :)






Go fuck yourself = Krijg de klere = Get cholera

Too Bad, So Sad = Helaas pindakaas = Unfortunately peanutbutter (this rhymes in Dutch)

Have a nice life = Nog vele nare jaren = Many nasty years to you

Babies suck = Nu is het opeens mijn kind! = Now it’s suddenly my child










Come payday I'll be ordering this quicker than a porcupine's hiccup!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Countdown Creator Pro